THROUGH THE END OF THE YEAR, OUR PRODUCTS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY ON AMAZON.COM. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!!!
Runaway Bike HOT TUB!
Prefer to buy all your stuff on Amazon? Well, you can do that too!
- The easiest way to give your bike chain a full melted-paraffin wax lube. Remove the chain from your bike, place it in the HOT TUB, and heat the entire container in a water-bath on your stove-top.
- No need to mix your own paraffin wax with ptfe powder and molybdenum disulfide. We've done it for you!
- Professional bike technicians have known for years that nothing lubricates and repels dirt better than paraffin... not to mention much cleaner than oil and grease products. It's always been a messy involved process until the Runaway Bike HOT TUB. Add speed to your ride with molten paraffin wax.
- Normal road and trail dirt does not stick to a chain treated with the HOT TUB. Your chain is left clean to the touch (that's right, no more chain-grease tattoos!). Advanced additives extend lubrication while providing additional protection against moisture, rust, and corrosion.
- *** NOTE: Be sure to watch the entire boiling process closely. Don't let all of the water in your water bath completely boil away while the lubricants are melting. This can result in the tub itself melting into the pot.
For years and years, Velo Magazine has done head-to-head ratings of all the top chain lubricants on the market. Melted paraffin wax treatments beat them all. Our HOT TUB is the easiest way to give your bike chain a full melted-paraffin wax lubrication treatment. You no longer have to melt wax in a slow-cooker or risk ruining a nice pot. Our lubricant adds both ptfe and molybdenum disulfide powders to pure granulated paraffin wax... so no need to buy and mix your own.
Instead, simply put your chain in the HOT TUB and heat the entire container in a water bath on your stove. With our combination of paraffin and other lubricants, your chain will be the cleanest and quietest it can be. People have attempted to get the same lubrication as paraffin with messy wet squeeze-bottle lubricants, but none come close to the real thing.
Don't just take our word for it. Do yourself a favor and open your eyes to the wonders of a paraffin chain treatment. Oily sprays and greasy drops don't live up the standards of a full Paraffin treatment. The HOT TUB is the most convenient way to experience it yourself. Normal road and trail dirt does not stick to a chain treated with the HOT TUB. Your chain is left clean to the touch (that's right, no more chain-grease tattoos!) The durability and dirt resistance of the HOT TUB treatment also makes this a long-lasting solution.
We know that it is more work to remove, clean, and lubricate your chain... but if you want to do it right (and you are comfortable tinkering), there's no better way to keep your bike happy.
Remove chain from your bike. Clean it. Dry it. Put it into your HOT TUB.
Place your HOT TUB with chain into a pot containing enough water to reach about halfway up the sides of the tub. On stove-top, boil 15-20 minutes until all lubricants have completely melted.
**** When boiling, keep your eye on the HOT TUB during the entire boiling process... don't let all of the water in your pot completely boil away while the lubricants are melting. This would result in the tub itself melting into the pot.
Remove the hot chain using pliers and allow to cool. There should just be a thin "glaze" of paraffin on your chain. (Don't make a chain wax cocoon!) Re-install on your ride! NOTE: You should expect a 1-2 mile 'break-in' period where the chain action may be stiff after a fresh HOT TUB treatment.
Always heat product with water-bath as instructed, never in oven or microwave. When boiling, keep your eye on the HOT TUB during the entire boiling process... don't let all of the water in your pot completely boil away while the lubricants are melting. This will result in the tub itself melting into the pot. Wear protective clothing, gloves, and eye-ware. Keep away from children.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ):